close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Thursday, October 3, 2013

New Books and Fresh Berroco

We got a big ol' shipment of books this week, including some old favorites like Stitch n' Bitch and More Last Minute Knitted Gifts.  These guys always fly off the shelves, so come get yours while you can.  If you already own these, and I'm guessing many of you do, we have a few new lovelies to tempt you.
The Style Books are always full of interesting things, and Scarf Style 2 and Fair Isle Style do not disappoint.  I found several scarves and fair isle projects that must be mine.  Both collections contain a nice range of classic and modern designs appropriate for every skill level.  These books make great gifts, too.

I actually squealed a little bit when I saw Woodland Knits, and I'm not really a squealer.  If you are familiar with Stephanie's work, then you know this collection is full of woodsy cuteness.  Woodland Knits contains several of her very popular designs, as well as several new pieces.  We only received a few copies of each of these, so come in and take a look.  

Sally tells me we also just received a big order from Berroco, including Ultra Alpaca, Vintage, Flicker, and a few new yarns.  I am really hoping that the new Norach Gaughan book is in there, too.  She designed everything from the top down, and I have been waiting to see what she has come up with this time.  Sounds like I will have lots more to show you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment