close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Jitterbug

When I first started working at Close Knit, we carried several items from Colinette Yarns.  As trends and tastes changed, we slowly worked through our stock and moved on to other things.  I was always sad to see Jitterbug go, though, and I am so glad to see it back in the shop.
Even though I am not really a sock enthusiast, I love the rich and interesting colors of Jitterbug.  In fact, I picked up a skein for myself as a souvenir on a recent trip to New Orleans before I knew we would be carrying it in our shop again.
The semi-solids are full of depth and interest, and the multis work up nicely as socks, shawls, sweaters, whatevers.  There are almost 16,000 projects on Ravelry, so there must be something to it.
Colinette has re-released this yarn with more yardage and a nice price for hand-dyed beauty...less than $24 for 400 yards.  We only have a few of each colorway in stock for now, so grab it while you can!

No comments:

Post a Comment