close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Monday, October 7, 2013

Oooooo.....Knitscene

The latest issue of Knitscene arrived in the shop this week.  This magazine has such a youthful and stylish feel, and I really enjoy the variety of interesting designs that they include each and every time.  Let's take a look!
Love the chunky goodness of the Victor Shawl.  It's knit up in Blue Sky alpacas Bulky, but it would be super cozy in Spud & Chloe Outer, too, and I know we will be seeing more of that soon.  This seems like the perfect gift.
These mittens.  So pretty in Rowan Felted Tweed DK, just one ball.
The Quadraphonic Cardigan looks so cozy and knitterly.  Wouldn't it be great in Harrisville Highland?  The cable detail continues up the shoulder and down the back.
Look at the cool back detail of the Hi-Fi Pullover.  Interesting construction, too.
The Sylvia Cardigan (also on the cover) looks like such a wardrobe staple.  I like the nice cable up the front and back, and the tubular cast on and bind off really add to the polished look.
This is a knitted moto jacket.  I love it.  There are so many details here, I know it would be a labor of love.  But I do love it.
The Gemma Pullover is so pretty.  That open neckline is really elegant, and that smocked cuff is a nice detail.
Here's the perfect reason to grab a few skeins of Shibui Merino Alpaca and get to work.  The Manganese Cowl is reversible and lovely.
I can imagine every kid in my house loving the Heliotrope Hat, especially in something washable like Spud & Chloe Sweater.  For the adults, how about the luscious Cascade Cloud?  Just one skein.  Ooo, that's a really good idea.
Want to try knitting with beads?  The Tyrian Loop would be a great choice.  The lace pattern is nice and simple, and the beads add a little extra...another great gift idea.
I like the large scale lace and rustic look of the Gambel Shawl.
Check out the nice neckline and interesting lace panel of the Black Cherry Pullover.  Love the boxy shape, and I think Ultra Alpaca would be so nice for this.
Want some more detail?  The Bristlecone Pullover is pretty fabulous.  I like the idea of playing with colors for the herringbone bodice and solid raglan sleeves.  The neckline is cool, too.
The Thinleaf Jacket looks cozy.  And that delicate cable up the back is so pretty.
I love flipping through a magazine and finding so many designs that I can see myself knitting and wearing.  Which designs will you make?

No comments:

Post a Comment