close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Sunday, July 6, 2014

Summertime Sale: Berroco

Hey friends!  How is your summer knitting coming along?  I hope you found some great stuff at our sales.  Are you ready for the next one?  Me, too.

We will have all Berroco yarns at 15% off for the next week, July 7-13.  We have a really nice selection of stuff from Berroco, and I continue to be impressed by their yarns.  I recently rediscovered how much I love the good ol' Ultra Alpaca when I made the Little Girl's Shrug from Knitting Pure and Simple.
Just a skein and half for this little thing...I think I made the 10 year old size, and it's plenty big for my willnotstopgrowing 7 year old.  The color is rich and saturated, and I love the way the fabric knits up on a US7.  The 50% wool/alpaca blend holds its shape so nicely, but with the softness and drape that you'd expect from alpaca.  I need to make a sweater for myself using Ultra Alpaca.  Why have I not done this?
The beautiful and popular Folio (above) will be on sale, as will the well-loved Flicker
We have all been loving Weekend DK, too, and our color selection has improved since I snapped the photo above.  From crocheted pillows and doilies to amazing colorblocked sweaters, this yarn is versatile.  And a great value, too.  I have 6 skeins squirreled away to make another sweater for my girl.  The other cotton blends from Berroco, including Maya, Fuji, and Karma, will be on sale.  If you missed out on any of these during our cotton blend week, now is your time to get them on sale again.

Stay cool and keep knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment