close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Berroco Folio

I am really excited to show you guys this beautiful new yarn from Berroco.  This is Folio, an alpaca and rayon blend with a beautiful shine and subtle halo.  
We have only received half of our order, but the remaining six colors are on their way.  I just couldn't wait any longer to show you.
Each of these pretty little balls is 219 yards of DK weight yarn (5.5 sts/inch) for only $7.75.  I know.  I had to double check the price when I was putting it out on the shelves.  And the pattern book?  Excellent.  Let me show you.
Nijo on the cover is such an unusual shape, and I love the look in Folio.
We are awaiting a sample of Kurama, too.  I know it's going to make many of you fall in love with this yarn, especially since it only requires three balls.  
I am excited to work up the Iwo shawl.  Only three balls of the main color and one of the contrast.  
Kita looks like a really great basic cardigan, and I love the little twist of the contrast sleeve.  Kind of weird and kind of cool.
Enso (above) and Iwi (below) really show off the nice drape and halo of Folio, too.  Lots of good stuff.
I just saw this gorgeous thing pop up on Ravelry as a freebie from Berroco.  Graphite looks like such a great lightweight sweater.  The size range goes from 34" to 50", using five to ten balls of Folio.  This is right up my alley.
I think Folio is going to be a real winner this spring.  Lovely yarn in beautiful colors at a great price with stunning pattern support.  What's not to love?  I'll let you know as soon as the rest of the colors arrive!

No comments:

Post a Comment