close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, May 16, 2014

Ombre

Some pretty packages of Freia Ombre Sport arrived this week.
I was trying to resist taking one home (because I'm supposed to leave them for you), but they are all so pretty.  The ombre effect is spectacular.  Theses are the same colorways as shown above, believe it or not.  Most are just inside-out.
We currently have Maple, Lichen, Flare, Tijuana Teal, and Grapevine. 
I was poking around for some good project ideas, and I stumbled upon the awesome Reykholt Hat from Dianna of Paper Tiger.
It's a double-thick beanie, knit all in one piece.  And it's a freebie!  
Dianna has several lovely patterns in her shop.  The Elam hat is definitely in my queue.  Which ones do you like?  Please do take a look.  And then come pick your favorite shade of Ombre Sport and knit your own Reykholt!

Thanks to Dianna for the hat photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment