close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Thursday, December 13, 2012

Oh, Deer


This sweet little thing is currently living at the shop.  I think we have decided to call her Pearl.  Ann created her using just one skein of Berroco Peruvia, some stuffing, and good bit of patience.  There are many small parts, but the results are so worth it.  The pattern is even a freebie on Ravelry, My Dear - A Deer Trophy by Clare Garland.
I'd like to try her in a darker brown, but I'm afraid the stuffing will show through.  So, I might have to just blatantly copy Ann.  Why not, since she seems to be on such a roll with these great samples?  If you hear me muttering something about increases on the antlers, please show me these photos to remind me how stinkin' cute this little lady is.  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment