close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Inspiration

I love flipping through new pattern booklets, and we have some of my favorites in the shop. Some have been out for a little bit, and others are fresh and new. Making is full of knitting, sewing, cooking, and baking. I am so impressed with this publication.
I have been head over heels for Laine since I first laid eyes on it. I am powerless to resist their classic Nordic style. In addition to gorgeous classic knitting patterns, this magazine also includes cooking and baking and other fun non-knitting stuff.

The newest Pom Pom Quarterly is so cool for summer. It's all stripes, my friends. And stripes are amazing.
Finally, the Uniform books sort of flew under my radar for awhile, but here they are! This project is a collaboration between Carrie Bostick Hoge of Madder and Jen Beeman of Grainline Studios. Each book contains knitting and sewing patterns so you can create your perfect daily uniform. Uniform Little is pretty special, too. You can make a uniform for the little people in your life as well.

There is nothing like spending some time with a beautiful book to get your inspiration jump started. Pop in and take a look at these!

No comments:

Post a Comment