close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Sunday, February 16, 2014

I Spy...

Something bright!  How about some really vibrant sock yarn to liven up that knitting basket?  This is Neon Now from Plymouth Yarns.
I know I promised to make socks for myself this winter (and spring and summer and fall).  Time to get started, I think.  How about you all?  Do you have cold toes?  The kids, too.  They would love this stuff.  I could get a few pairs of kiddo socks out of each ball, too.
According to the Plymouth site, it looks like it does some loose blended stripes.  (Roll over the photos of the colorways on their site to see a knitted up sock in each shade.)  
Photo borrowed from Wooly Wormhead.
It would make a fun little hat, too.  How about an Angular Cap, a sweet freebie from Wooly Wormhead?  It is garter stitch in the round, squishy and reversible.  The Neon Now version would be great for spotting someone on a crowed playground!  We just took the kids tubing this weekend, and it would have been brilliant to have one of these on each of their noggins.  Hmmm, next time, for sure, because I need some bright to break up all the grey of February in Portland.

No comments:

Post a Comment