close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Cold Shoulder?

I know it's been getting up into the 50s during the day, but I cannot shake the chill.  Maybe I'm still recovering from the ick, or maybe it's the short days that have me piling on the layers.  I love a scarf or cowl, but I'm thinking one of these Churchmouse Shoulder Cozies might be nice, too.
Sally made this pretty piece with just one ball of Rowan Kidsilk Haze and two balls of Noro Silk Garden in the most subtle neutrals.
I like that you can wear it as a capelet or as a cowl under a jacket.  A nice choice for a chilly office or drafty house.  The Silk Garden is lovely and interesting, and the Kidsilk Haze really adds a nice halo.
It's a Churchmouse pattern, and they know how to do classy.  The patterns are always well-written, too.
Stop by for a look.  We can help you choose the perfect combination to keep your cold shoulders cozy and warm!

1 comment: