close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Produce and Market Bags

I've been using some cool cloth produce bags when I head to the grocery store but they are starting to wear out! I was considering sewing myself some new ones, but I think I might like to knit or crochet a few instead and see how they turn out. Here are a few that I found that I thought you all might like, in the event that this sort of thing is on your mind, too.

Here are some nice crocheted options. All photos are borrowed from the links in the captions, which will also take you to the Ravelry page for the pattern. Most of these are freebies, too!
Hemp Produce Drawstring Bag
Edda Bag
French Market Bag
And you knitters can get in the game, too.
Weightless Produce Bag (Also a 2.0 version)
Reusable Produce Bag (with multiple sizes)

Shetland Shopper
We have so many lovely linen and cotton options at the shop for this sort of project. And it's nice when gauge doesn't really matter too much. Larger or smaller yarn? Larger or smaller bags. Either way, you are helping reduce the number of cheap single-use plastic bags that end up in the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment