close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, April 19, 2019

Vovó

The newest from Retrosaria is on the shelves! Vovó is a stunning sport weight wool in some lovely shades. How do they make it shiny? I don't know but I love it!
My favorites are this beautiful red and this green.
What would you call this one? Barn red? Crimson? Ruby? 

How about the green? Moss? Forest? Army? I suppose the names don't matter.
Pic borrowed from Rav pattern page.

This hard-wearing yarn would be fabulous for mittens or gloves. How about the Fiddlehead Mittens? This pattern has been around since 2008 and has over 3,500 projects on Ravelry. Seems legit.
Pic borrowed from Rav pattern page.
There are so many gorgeous colorwork sweaters out there in sport weight. The world is your oyster on that front. How about The twigs? I had forgotten that this one was a sport weight. Now I can only imagine it in Vovó.

No comments:

Post a Comment