close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Pom Pom for Spring!

The new Pom Pom is really cute! Let's take a peek at my favorites.

Loving that cover sweater, Woodwardia, in a good ol' worsted weight. The raglan details and that cozy turtleneck might not say spring, but I can see this being a great sweater to pull over my PJs on those chilly mornings.
How about a lovely crocheted top? I know we have a nice selection of sport weight linens and cottons in the shop for this Water Clover.
The Sweetfern hat has a little bit of brioche and some beautiful texture. So many fingering weight yarns to choose from.
The lovely Adiantum is sweet and unusual. That colorwork is so delicate!
I am loving the structural lines of Ginkophyte, worked in a fingering weight yarn with that pretty panel of texture.
Finally, Vivarium, designed with the fabulous Retrosaria Beiroa, which we are loving in the shop. This rustic wool in gorgeous shades is just perfect for a graphic colorwork design like this one. There are some fun color swatches in the magazine so you can visualize different combinations.
I like the pop of neon in the green version, but that black one with the neutral shades really gets me. 

Pom Pom is such a great publication, and these are just a few of the pieces in this issue. It's great to see such lovely spring designs!

No comments:

Post a Comment