close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Socks for Summer

The voice on the radio this morning told me that the weather is going to start warming up next week. Now, I know a lot of you tend to set your knitting aside for the summer. I would love to talk to you about some little projects that are perfect for the warm days to come. Let's start with socks.
I am not a huge sock knitter. I confess. But sometimes a certain sock yarn just begs to be knit. Sally seems to know the way to my heart and feet this season. She is stocking (heh, stocking) up on this awesome big striped Jawoll stuff from Lang. We currently have these two colors in the shop, the the rest are on their way. Sneak peek at the whole family here.
I am equally excited about these marled sock yarns, also Jawoll from Lang. I am imagining solid toes and heels with a marled body. These are just a few of the color combinations that I'm considering.
Plus, these cute little skeins come with reinforcement yarn. You just carry this nylon thread along with your yarn as you work the heels and toes, and it helps extend the life of your socks by making the reinforced areas more durable and more resistant to holes.
No reason to stop knitting in the summer! Imagine how nice it will feel to have a few pairs of handknit socks waiting for you when the rain and chill return in the fall. Your cold toes will thank you.

1 comment:

  1. superb post... very useful for me. I am a sock knitter on high level. I knit socks for every season like for summer or winter. you have given here knowledge about very comfortable sock stuff for knitting socks in summer. I can't wait to buy this for making socks.

    ReplyDelete