close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, April 1, 2016

Need Another Reason?


As if you needed another reason to be excited about crochet, The Purl Bee just released a (free) pattern for this stunning thing. The Four Points Baby Blanket uses four ample skeins of sock yarn. It looks amazing, doesn't it? I think I would go for Bumblebirch Heartwood or those cool splotchy splatter ones from Plymouth. Or maybe a few of each?
Pic borrowed from Purl Bee.
I am just starting to think about honing my crochet skills, but I know many of you out there are quite the masters. What do you crochet gurus like to make? The Purl Bee has a growing collection of free crochet patterns including blankets, scarves, garments, pillows, rugs, and yarmulkes (of course).

If you want to dip your hooks into crochet, I'm pretty sure Melissa can get you started on this lovely piece on Sunday afternoon. Give a call or pop in to sign up for her class.

No comments:

Post a Comment