close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Holiday Hours and a Little (Big) Blanket

As we are all frantically finishing (or starting) gifts this week, I just wanted to give you a heads up on our holiday hours. And show you my fun new favorite project.

Here is what you need to know.
December 23: Open 10-6 (no Open Knit Night)
December 24: Open 10-3
December 25: Closed
December 30: Open 10-6 (no Open Knit Night)
December 31: Open 10-5
January 1: Closed

I don't know about you, but as the holiday whirlwind envelops me, I am thrilled to have a mindless project on the needles with nearly instant gratification.
I'm working on a big ol' blanket using Naturalia in five sheepy colors. On US19 needles, I'm able to knit up a skein each night, given a lot of movie watching and very little kitchen cleaning.

This blanket will be in the shop in January for you to oggle and enjoy, and the free pattern will be readily available with the purchase of the yarn. It's not a complicated pattern. The big yarn/chunky blanket trend is very in right now, and this will be a great way to make your own for just only $100.

Happy holidays to all of our Close Knitters!

No comments:

Post a Comment