close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, May 15, 2015

Summer Interweave

 
The latest issue of Interweave Knits is in the shop. Normally, the summer issue leaves me unimpressed, but there are several items in here that really caught my eye.
There is a whole section of outdoorsy, camping sort of stuff that I really liked. Several of the knitted headbands and head scarves look very wearable. These quick knits are prefect for summer knitting and wearing.


The Bartram Vest and Mount Robson Pullover are certainly very practical pieces...great for camping or hiking.
 
I loved the Phyllotaxis Hat worked up in fingering weight cashmere and the Larkspur Shawl in Berroco Folio.
 
What do you all think of the Blue Columbine Cardigan and the Western Slope Tee?
 
There is a whole section with some VERY ambitious colorwork if you are looking for a challenge. Any one of these would feel like quite an accomplishment!
 
 
I have never felt the urge to work miles of I-cord and then braid and stitch them together, but these trivets (mostly the rug) have me wanting to do just that.
 
I was so pleasantly surprised by this summer issue! Did you see anything that you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment