close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Sunday, May 24, 2015

Raspberry Ripple

Way back in March during the Rose City Yarn Crawl, we received these sweet little kits for the Raspberry Ripple Shawlette. The kit uses two skeins of Indochine, a pure silk yarn form Lantern Moon. We had a lovely sample in the shop during the crawl, but once it went back to Lantern Moon, it was hard to show off this yarn. So I made a sample!
The Indochine was really nice to work with...it almost felt cool in my hands, perfect for summer knitting. The pattern was pretty straight-forward, and I really like the textured stitch pattern in the middle. I had some yarn left over, and I might have kept going, but a few folks on Ravelry mentioned that they did not quite make it through a full additional repeat. Since it was a shop sample, I knit it to the pattern specifications. If I were making it for myself, I would have used up every last yard!
We had several folks trying to buy the super cool recycled paper bowls from the kits. Now that you can see what's the bowls, it's time to go grab yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment