close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, January 14, 2015

More Speckles

So, last week we talked about the chunky speckled yarn from Plymouth. I am currently lusting over the Worsted Merino Superwash version, as were several knitters who stopped by the shop today. 
Sally used our basic slouchy hat pattern to create this fabulous hat. The pattern is free at the shop with the purchase of the yarn. She knit it with the knit side out, and then decided she liked the reverse stockinette side better, so she flipped it.
I like both sides, but I agree that the reverse side is quite nice.

The Autumn colorway that she used is my favorite. 
We recently received Blue Oreo as well, but I didn't get a photo yet. It's a close second, for sure. These lovely colorways are Blueberry, Lipstick, and Crayon. I love them all, to be honest.


I was thinking about making my own hat using Autumn and this lovely brown for the ribbing.
I'll probably end up needed to get another skein of Autumn to make a scarf to go with. Excuses, excuses. I just want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment