close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, January 9, 2015

Speckled

Lisa knit a speckled pom pom creation with some of the most unusual and intriguing yarn I've seen in a long time. She used just one skein of the Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande Hand Dye to make her cute hat.
These new colorways from Plymouth look so unusual in the skein, but they knit up so nicely! The colors look almost splotchy against the neutral background, but they look so cool when the yarn is worked up. They have stockinette swatches available to view on the Plymouth website if you want to see for yourself.
Lisa has made the hat available as a shop freebie with the purchase of the yarn, so please ask us when you come in for your yarn. This is the chunkiest weight that Plymouth is offering in these colorways, and we are stocking the worsted and sock as well. I'll show you photos of those as soon as I have safely procured my skeins. I am slightly obsessed with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment