close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Thursday, September 5, 2013

Fall 2013 Interweave

The Fall 2013 Interweave is full of pretty pretty things.  Let's take a look!

There are several sweaters with very simple lines and striking details.  The petite cables of the Barnard Raglan hide sweet pockets.  This would be amazing in the new Debbie Bliss BFL DK I told you about earlier this week.  (I am looking for excuses to use that stuff.)
The Clear Creek Pullover features some dropped stitches and a simple, flattering shape.  I would use a sport weight with some alpaca or silk for a nice drape.
Isn't the Seven Sisters Pullover lovely?  Basic shape and construction, but a nice little detail at the waist.
I'm not sure about the turtleneck, but I do like the ruching at the shoulders of the Crinoline Tee.
 
The Nexus Cowl looks cozy and warm, and the Ballast Gloves seem like fun, too.
 
The Plowman Cardigan on the cover is really something.  I know that Intarsia can be a little intimidating, but the larger gauge should make this manageable.  Take a look at the back.  Wow.
 
I have a little crush on the military-style Surrey Jacket, too.
The interesting shape and construction of the Filtered Pullover would make this a very interesting project, and the shape can be surprisingly flattering.
The Joan of Arc Sweater has an armor-like quality to me, which I like.  I'm not sure if I can pull off this shape.  What do you all think?
The Haberdashery Cowl looks interesting.  Herringbone stitch is a little time-intensive, but it is sure classic.
The Trieste Cardigan is so sweet, but I think I'd use a higher contrast for the detail.  All that work, and it's barely visible!  It would be such a treasured gift for a little one.
The Rheinfels Mittens are knit up with Jamieson's Spindrift, one of my favorite yarns ever...tweedy, sheepy, and ideal for colorwork.
So many great projects, and lots of fall inspiration.  Grab a coffee, stop by the shop, and take a look at the new magazines!

No comments:

Post a Comment