close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Sunday, March 31, 2013

Ballonbusker

I had no business buying this book.  I don't have any babies zero to eighteen months.
But I bought it anyway.  And then I made Ballonbusker (balloon pants).
They don't look like much without a baby in them, I confess.  The baby for whom they were made is not ready yet, but her momma promises that we will put a baby in them as soon as possible.
Oh, they are so cute.  I used some nice soft Pagewood Farms sock yarn that I purchased a few years back, but any solid or semi-solid sock yarn would be perfect.  Perhaps Cascade Heritage, Malabrigo Sock, or Shibui Sock?  The book also suggests the Isager yarns, and these would be simply amazing in Spinni.

Knit on US2s, they were not a quick project.  They might have gone even faster had I not spent so much time admiring the little mock cable and the prefect sweetness of the reverse stockinette.  I love these.  I have plans to make more things from the book, too, for no real reason.

Maybe a Seed Stitch Top,
or sweet Smilla's dress,
or the perfectly nerdy Frederik's vest.
Or maybe all three.  If you know me and you are having a baby, feel free to place an order.  I can't seem to stop knitting these itty bitty things, and I need to justify buying the book.

1 comment: