close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, May 30, 2012

What Would Jane Knit?


We have the Summer 2012 issue of Jane Austen Knits from Interweave.  This is the second Jane Austen issue, and I like this one is even better than the first.  There are some interesting historical articles in each issue, and the designs are all inspired by the novels and characters of Jane Austen.  I was never a huge fan of the Regency-era novels, but I have been known to stay up too late on a Sunday night watching a little Jane on Masterpiece Theater.  Here are some of my favorites from this most recent issue.

The sweet little lacy Summer Pelisse is knit with Classic Elite Wool Bam Boo, perfectly soft and shiny for the little miss in your life.


The Beloved Baby Bonnet is really something special, and the adorable infant doesn't hurt the look either.  We have several beautiful colors of Karabella Lace Merino Silk, so delicate and sophisticated.  This would be great in many laceweights, but the Lace Merino Silk is just a little bit thicker and very luxurious.


Emma's Chemise and Miss Bingley's Feathered Head Wrap and Lace Wrist Warmers really embody the whole Jane Austen feel.


 

My favorite from this issue is the Margaret Dashwood Shawl.  It was designed using a lovely tweedy lace yarn, similar to Jamieson's Shetland Spindrift.  This is on my list for summer knitting.  The pattern is really simple, but the results are so pretty.



We have a few issues of the original Jane Austen Knits on the shelves, too.


Here are some of my favorites from last year's issue.  The Fitz mitts are knit in Jamieson's, too.




The Meryton Coat would be quite an accomplishment.


Looking back at last year's issue makes me want to go grab both issues and curl up with my knitting.  Since it can be difficult to knit and read at the same time, I'll have to stick with my PBS habit.

1 comment:

  1. Holy sweet baby knits! And Wool Bam Boo is so wonderful to knit with... The little punkin' might just be getting that gorgeous cardi. Right now, though, she needs to be getting her nap...

    ReplyDelete