close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Thursday, May 13, 2010

Warm Weather Inspiration


The temperature is supposed to be in the seventies this week, but I plan to keep on knitting. We've got so many exciting spring and summer yarns and patterns in the store, I have plenty of warm weather inspiration.

Normally, I'm not a fan of cotton, but my favorite summer yarn is Cascade's new cotton, Cascade Ultra Pima. This is a 100% Pima yarn in a DK weight, with 220 yards to the skein. Pima cotton has a longer fiber and is stronger and finer than basic cotton. Like other Cascade yarns, Ultra Pima is very economical, yet it is shiny and sleek and luxurious - with the sheen of bamboo or silk. And, the colors are fantastic - brilliant and summery.
When I saw this yarn, I knew that I needed to make something with it. Fortunately, I found the perfect project in Gallery, one of the inspiring Spring 2010 Classic Elite books.
The pattern is called Color Accent Long Cardi.
It is a kimono-style design and I chose Ultra Pima in Natural, Ginseng and Gold.
I can't wait to wear this cardigan over one of the skirts or dresses I plan to sew this spring. Here's to warm weather inspiration and spring and summer knitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment