close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Thursday, January 10, 2013

Spud & Chloe Sweater

The Spud & Chloe shelf is exploding with color!

We received a big box of Sweater, a nice plump worsted weight yarn in a rainbow of colors.  It's a wool/organic cotton blend, and it's machine washable.  One of our new knitters is using this for the Super Easy Baby Blanket from The Purl Bee...the perfect beginner blanket.  Miles of garter stitch in bright blocks of color, one at a time.  Couldn't be better.

Way back when, the shop had a nice trunk show of S&C designs.  One of my favorites was the Best Friend Sweater, a sweet little button-up for kids from age 1 through 12.  Look at the awesome pockets (any my goofy kid when she was still so small).
Photo borrowed from Spud & Chloe website

The BeTween Cardigan is pretty awesome, too.  We often get knitters looking for sweaters for their older kids...I must remember to show them these designs.  They are timeless and easy, and I think they look great on all ages.
Photo borrowed from Spud & Chloe website

I don't know if we have this one in the shop, but I love the uber-nerdy Charlie Sweater by Ann Weaver.  She is one of my favorite designers, and her nod to Charlie Brown here makes me happy.
Photo borrowed from Spud & Chloe blog

If you're looking for accessory patterns for Sweater, I love the lushly cabled Rambling Scarf (perfect for guys) and the super-simple Twister Cowl.
Photo borrowed from Spud & Chloe blog
How about one more shot of the pretty yarn rainbow?  Okay.

Come take a look at this great stuff while the color selection is at its best!

No comments:

Post a Comment