close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's Raining!

Don't tell anyone, but I love the rain and the clouds. The damp, cool weather gets me thinking about piling on the wooly layers and knitting in front of a movie or in the company of friends. The lower temperatures also mean that some big holidays are lurking around the corner. If you like to make gifts for people in your life, you might be interested in Joelle Hoverson's newest collection, More Last Minute Knitted Gifts.
As in the original Last Minute Knitted Gifts, the projects are divided up by how many hours they take to complete. While Joelle's time estimates might seem a bit optimistic, the projects are lovely. There are ideas for everyone on your list.
Those of you who are familiar with Joelle's work from The Purl Bee will recognize her impeccable taste and eye for color and detail. She includes projects for a wide range of skill levels, but the finished products always look impressive and will carry you through many occasions.
Joelle uses luxurious yarns, many of which we carry at Close Knit, so you can be sure that you are gifting someone a really special handknit treat. If it's time to move beyond the standard scarf gift this year, take a look through this book. Your gift recipients will thank you for it.

2 comments:

  1. When I browsed through this book I was really impressed! Some designs really made me pause and I was thinking to myself: "how did she construct that?"

    I would say one of the best knitting books I have seen in a while...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little pink and yellow fingerless gloves gave me pause, as well. And, they made me think of you, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete