close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Night Rainbow

I love this beautiful yarn. Nightshades from Harrisville Designs makes the prettiest moody rainbow, with subtle colors blended in with the black base. The yarn is American Cormo and wool, and it has the most lovely hand when it's worked up, substantial and lofty at the same time. It's technically a DK yarn, but it knits up at a range of gauges. Nightshades is all grown, processed, and dyed in the United States, which makes me love it even more.

I have some of this stashed away to make myself a Cline (I think), but I have also been perusing Ravelry for inspiration. I ran across this gorgeous Night Rainbow dreamed up by katrampant (@kat.rampant on Instagram).
Photo by @kat.rampant
Kat used the Blank Slate pattern by Ysolda Teague to make this super cool Night Rainbow pullover, and I love how the stripe pattern shows off the subtle colors of this yarn. Thanks, Kat, for letting me share your photo and your rad sweater!

No comments:

Post a Comment