close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Aegean Tweed

I love a nice sport weight tweed, and we have quite a few options in the shop if that's your jam. I would like to introduce you to the workhorse of the bunch. The Aegean Tweed from Cascade is a budget-friendly, 100% pure organic wool tweed in some classic colors for all of your sport weight needs. 
At 328 yards each, you can make an ample sweater with four or five balls. I spied a lovely Pomme de pin Cardigan on Ravelry knit up with just four and now I feel that I should definitely add that to my knitting queue.

The Aegean Tweed would be ideal for colorwork, as well. The perfect amount of stick and colors that will play nicely together. Maybe the Twigs by Junko Okamoto?
Pic borrowed from Rav pattern page
Or a twist on the classic yoked sweater, perhaps something like the Tucson Pullover?
Pic borrowed from Rav pattern page
More of a cardigan person? I've been lusting over Nr 10 for years.
Pic borrowed from Rav pattern page
I like to use sport weight when I knit for my guy because he gets too hot in heavier yarns. The Rockland Crewneck is on my list and would be great in Aegean Tweed.
Pic borrowed from Rav pattern page
Whatever you decide to make with this fabulous yarn, I think you're going to like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment