close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Thursday, June 13, 2019

Fair Cotton Craft

I love an unusual self-striping situation, and the new organic Fair Cotton Craft form Katia is just that. The pretty combination of pastel stripes and the natural base initially caught my eye, and then I looked into what the yarn does!
Pic borrowed from Rav project page.
Katia has a few patterns available for download, including the sweet freebie Just-One-Cake Baby Blanket that uses...yup, just one cake. There is also this free (but not Katia) crochet blanket that would be perfect in this yarn.
Pic borrowed from Rav project page.
I am also wishing that I still had a child small enough to justify knitting this Just One Cake Kid's Sweater, which is written for size 6. This pattern is not free, but I think it's only a few dollars to download. Maybe I'll knit it anyway and find a 6 year old who needs a rainbow sweater.
Pic borrowed from Rav pattern page.
Rainbows and organic cotton...this would be a perfect summer project!

No comments:

Post a Comment