close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, November 30, 2018

Swan's Island Sterling Fingering

This Sterling Fingering yarn from Swan's Island is sort of breathtaking. It's 85% merino, which is luxurious and lustrous, and 15% naturally black alpaca, which gives it a smokey look. Take a look at these shades.

The jewel tones all play really nicely together. I love the Zara Hat and Mitts Set, and I think you can make three whole sets with three colors of yarn.
Pic borrowed from Swan's Island website.
Look at the Newbury Scarf. Five colors and so much drapey scarf goodness.
Pic borrowed from Swan's Island website.
I really love the muted color palette and stylish patterns they've developed for this yarn, and the dark undertones are really appealing. I think I might need some of this for a hat sooner than later. Time to chose my favorite color!

No comments:

Post a Comment