close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Unicorn Farts?

Yup. Unicorn Farts, PDX Carpet, Autumn Rainbow, Fairy Garden, Witches Brew...so many great names. 
We have a fresh batch of Knitted Wit Victory Sock yarn in the shop. I resisted the PDX Carpet last time, but I don't think I'll have the strength this round.
We also have a nice range of Gumballs, which work up so nicely when you need just a little pop of sock yarn color. 
Lisa used one skein of Victory Sock and three colors of Gumballs to make her lovely Hitchhiker shawl. This well-loved pattern is available on Ravelry.
The addition of the solid stripes was sort of a happy accident, but I love the way it highlights certain colors from the main body of the shawl. I wonder how choosing different Gumballs would affect the look.
Now it's time to see which Gumballs go with my new PDX carpet yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment