close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Nancy Hat

I recently tested out Nancy's newest pattern, the Nancy Hat. So simple, so slouchy, so perfect.

I used one skein of the really lovely Berroco Ultra Alpaca Chunky for my hat. This yarn is kinda perfect. It has the softness of alpaca and the structure of wool. I expected my hat to come out a little bit more drapey, but I am actually really pleased with the shape. My tied-up hair fits perfectly in the hat! The natural color that I used actually feels like it still has some lanolin in the fiber, and my hands were so smooth after knitting with it.
I used a US8 for the ribbing, and a US10 for the body of the hat. Nancy's patterns are always well-written, and I appreciate her simple impactful stitch patterns. 

The design is available as a Ravelry download for just $6, and it's totally worth every penny. You will make this hat many times for many people in lots of colors. It's a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment