close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Sunday, September 28, 2014

Ch-Ch-Changes

This has been a month of adjusting for me.  How about you?  School starting, the early (and spectacular) sunsets, and the sloooooly changing weather.  I can see the leaves turning and I can feel the chill in the air, but then it often seems so warm and muggy by the afternoon.  I do know that I have been enjoying my knitting in the evenings again.  I have several projects on the needles that I look forward to showing you soon, but first, a few new things in the shop.
I don't think we have carried Noro Silk Garden Solo before.  It has all the sheen and silkiness of Silk Garden, but in some gorgeous pearly solids.  We only have the light grey and oak brown right now, but what else would you want?
I am happy to see the Silk Garden Sock in this amazing colorway.  It doesn't look like much on the outside of the ball, but the inside looks like fall exploded all over the place.
This lovely yarn would be perfect for a triangular shawl, a long ribbed scarf, or maybe my Bias Scarf?  I would suggest using a US4 or 5 and adding some increases to get the right width, maybe up to 85 stitches...whatever seems right to you as you go.  The striping would be diagonal, adding some cool effortless patterning.  Maybe the smooth Noro color transitions will help get me through this crazy month of changes!

No comments:

Post a Comment