close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Thursday, June 12, 2014

Cotton Bristol

I have worn the heck out of the Bristol Hat I made for myself last spring.
It's a great hat. The stitch pattern was fun to knit, and the texture and weight are just perfect. As soon as I closed up the top of that one, I knew I would be making more. 
Meet my next one. I have a dear friend going through chemo right now, and she inspired this newest Bristol, knit up in the most beautiful green fingering weight cotton.
I used less than two skeins of Cascade Ultra Pima Fine, and I am so happy with how it turned out.  I used a US1 for the ribbing, and a US3 for the body of the hat.  It really does knit up quickly.  Amy Christoffers designed the hat.  I love pretty much everything she designs, and her patterns are always thorough and well-written.

Don't forget...all of our cotton and cotton blend yarns are 15% off this week.  We have so many great choices, including the Ultra Pima Fine I used for my hat.  Come take a look!

No comments:

Post a Comment