close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Kim and Rowan

Hey friends, sorry to be so absent here in February.  The plague hit my house, and I guess it's taken me a little longer to bounce back than expected.  So, let's get to the knitting, shall we?
We have the newest from Kim Hargreaves, Quirky and Enchanted.  I know several of you just squealed a bit when you saw that photo and are calling the shop right now to have something set aside for you.  Here's the number: 503.288.4568.  If you know Ms. Hargreaves' work, then you know that these are full of classic designs with a bit of a twist.

Here are a few of my favorites (with photos from Kim Hargreaves' website because the "bright grey" lighting in Portland is making photography nearly impossible for me).  These pretties are Longing, Covet, and Ara from Enchanted.
 
There are many, many more, but these were a few of my favorites.

The Quirky collection has some nice ones, too.  I love the May cap, made with Cocoon and Kidsilk Haze.  
The two different versions are really nice, but I think I like the one with the contrasting mohair the best.
I also really love Sadie, Amy, Emmy, and Lottie.  They weren't kidding about quirky with this styling, were they?  Sailor hats to denim short shorts...
The Rowan Big Book, number 53, is on the table, too.  It's a spring/summer issue, so you never know quite what you're going to get.

Samos is pretty.
Marilyn has potential.

Honeycomb has a nice vintage flair.
Vanilla looks super cozy.
And I kind of like the Beehive Wrap, too.
There are, of course, a smattering of crazy intarsia sweaters and over-the-top colorwork, but what else do we expect from Rowan?

Come by the shop and have a flip through the new magazines.  I promise I'll be back here sooner than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment