close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Kauni

There is more Kauni on the shelves!  I was so excited to see it that I completely forgot to price it!  Doh!  Fortunately, my lovely coworkers picked up my slack.  Thanks, ladies.
Take a look at some of the great colorways we have in shop.
 
 
The color fades slowly from one shade to the next, creating a really unusual effect.  I used this to make the September Circle cowl earlier this year.  This is a great first lace project, and the Kauni adds such a cool effect with the gradual color changes.
Adrienne used two colorways to create a cowl version of the Wiggle Wrap.  The fading colors plus the stripes plus the subtle wave pattern work together to create such a striking piece.  And it's big and cozy, too.
If you haven't seen this yarn yet, it's worth a trip to check it out in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment