close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

The Best Kind of Leftovers

Whew, that was a scorcher of a weekend, wasn't it?  Thanks to everyone who braved the heat to enjoy our AC and crazy yarn discounts.  As usual, we have a hard time putting the sale yarn away, so you can enjoy some delicious leftovers this week.

The 70% off table still includes a ton of great books, pattern booklets, and yarn, and there are so many lovely yarns still tagged at 40% off around the shop.  Here are some of my favorites.


Karabella Lace Merino Silk.  Two hundred and fifty yards of fingering weight merino and silk.  I took home some of the red, but that purpley gray is calling to me.  And the light gray, and the camel...I'll race you to it.


The Classic One Fifty from Classic Elite is being discontinued, so we are saying farewell.  There are sweater quantities of this yarn still on the shelves in some great colors at $3.30 per ball.  Seriously.



The Wool Bam Boo is heading out, too.  I used this to make a sweet little shrug for my girl, and I grabbed a few more balls for a few more girls.






Also, Glen.  This yarn is amazing, people.  I don't understand why it's being discontinued, but it is.  This is one that does a really slow tonal shade change over the course of the ball, and it is so stinkin' soft and lofty.




We have some great cotton yarns on sale, too, including Rowan Purelife Cotton, Rowan Glace, and Debbie Bliss Eco Cotton and Eco Baby.


I love the Revive, which is made from recycled cotton and silk fabrics and remnants.  The knitted fabric is so fabulous.



There are sock yarns, on sale, too, including Koigu, Artyarns, and Santa Fe.  The mohair/angora shelf is saying goodbye to few friends, including Louet KidLin, GGH Kid Melange, and Louisa Harding Kimono Angora Pure.






I know it's hard to believe, but all of this is 40% off.  There is even more than I have shown you here.  We are going to start seeing our fall yarns in the next few weeks, and then I'll have even more to share with you.  In the mean time, help us clean shop.  See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment