close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Thursday, June 2, 2011

Little Girl's Shrug

I intended to make this as a shop sample, but things did not work out that way. My four year old is very persuasive.

I used the Little Girl's Shrug pattern (#288), a top-down raglan design from Knitting Pure and Simple. I often recommend these patterns to knitters looking to start their first sweater. This style is easy to customize and there is no seaming.

The nice part about these little shrugs is that you learn the basics of sweater-making with a minimum of knitting. This particular pattern provides a chart for a lace edging rather than the ribbing, if you are so inclined.

I used Classic Elite Wool Bam Boo, which met with approval from the child. It soft and shiny and apparently the perfect shade of purple. The size 6 only took 2 balls, so the whole project came in at about $25.

It was a quick knit, too, which is good. Apparently I need to make another for the shop.

ETA: I forgot to mention...congratulations to Kathleen who won the swift and ball winder in our May raffle. Thank you for supporting our little shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment