close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, March 19, 2010

Spring Bunny

While I always have such high hopes for handmade holiday goodies, I never seem to start my planning until right before the big day.


This year, I am going to try to motivate myself to create some little items with time to spare. Since spring is creeping up on us, I decided to start with a knitted bunny. I think he’ll make a sweet (sugar-free) treat tucked into an Easter basket.

We have several bunny patterns at Close Knit: Little Rabbit Foo Foo from Heirloom Stitches, Hop from Blue Sky Alpacas, and Bunny Fun from Fiber Trends. If you are looking for an alternative to the bunnies, we also have patterns for a variety of animals, including alpacas, hedgehogs, chickens, and squirrels.


As for yarn, angora seemed most appropriate. I chose to knit Little Rabbit Foo Foo in Karabella Chloe, a cotton/angora blend. Since my bunny is stuffed, I knit him on a size 7 needle rather than the 9 suggested on the ball band. Knitting the fabric a little tighter keeps the stuffing from showing through the stitches. If you decide to make a bunny and need help with the tail, bring your yarn into the shop on any Sunday, and I'll help you make a pompom.



Stop by the shop to see Little Rabbit Foo Foo and choose a pattern for your own little springtime critter!

Edited To Add: Spud & Chloe just posted a fabulous free pattern for a Mini-Reversible Duck to Bunny using their Spud & Chloe Sweater. We have this yarn in a wide range of colors, so come on by the shop this weekend to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment