close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Jilly Sweater

Do you all remember that beautiful Dream in Color Jilly I showed you a few weeks ago. Well...I couldn't resist it. This Black & White colorway was just too beautiful. And we needed a shop sample, obviously.
So I cast on for Gry's Hoodie from All You Knit is Love. I have told you about his book before. I love it. I mean...Balloon Pants. I bought it after my babies had outgrown every single design. Everything is simple, sweet, and practical. There are several projects that are perfectly suited for the new knitter, too. It would be a nice gift for a new mom who wants to knit for her little one.
The Jilly is working up nicely on a US5, but I think a US4 might be better for this garter stitch. I think I'll switch to the smaller size to get more squishiness in the knitted fabric.
I'll keep you posted on my progress. In the meantime, come on in and see all the pretty shades we have in this lovely yarn.

1 comment:

  1. The BEST baby book. EVER. I'm currently knitting the ribbed vest (my 5th, i think) for a friend's expected baby.

    ReplyDelete