close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Sunday, August 3, 2014

Little Stuff and Big Stuff (Summertime Sale)

Does it feel like summer is flying by?  These hot days are a little much for me, so I have been knitting small things for small people.  Baby bonnets, to be exact.  They are small enough that they don't need to rest in my lap; they require minimal thought; and they seem to fly off the needles, especially after knitting several.
I have been using the Modern Baby Bonnet pattern from Vintage Knits for Modern Babies.  We have so many lovely bonnet patterns at the shop, books and single patterns, too.  I have particularly enjoyed playing with these colors for a certain newly-arrived matched set of humans, and I have a pure white one going now.  I just keep casting on and knitting another.
But this heat will not last, and then it will be time for the big stuff.  Let's go as big as possible, shall we?  Our weekly sale starting August 4 will be Loopy Mango.  If you have been waiting to get your hands on this, now is the time.
The big skeins are normally $198, so they are only $169 on sale.  One of these huge skeins makes a whole blanket in just a few hours.  Talk about a last minute gift that will make a huge impression. 

The 13 oz little balls will be $67 on sale, and one of these makes the fabulous cowl sample we have in the shop.
We have lots of the the US50 needles in the shop, and Loopy Mango offers their patterns for free on their website.

In just a few short months, I'm sure will be wishing for a little bit of this heat to warm us up.  I suppose I will have to make due with a cozy blanket!

No comments:

Post a Comment