close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, August 29, 2014

Knitscene Accessories

I'm always excited to crack open the newest issue of Knitscene Accessories.  This one arrived earlier this summer, and I just realized that I completely forgot to tell you all about it.  So here we go...
This issue if full of great little items to get your knitting groove back as fall approaches.  
The Kirsch Cowl would be a lovely thing to start now and have ready for the fall.  Two skeins of Shibui Cima...so many opportunities to play with color here.  I really like the reversible textured stitches of the Boson Cowl.  Your favorite fingering weight would be just the thing.
The Dressel Shawl is a colorwork commitment, but so pretty.  I would try this in Cascade 220 Sport.
The Sphinx Hat would be great in Rowan Fine Tweed or Harrisville Shetland.
If you like the whole retro forties look, these beauties are just for you: the Townsend Hat, Cassandre Cowl, and the super cool Lady Lindy Headband
 
 
There are a few unusual buggy items that I really like.  The Scarab Mitts and the Arachnid Mittens are pretty weird and cool.
What do you all think?  Is it time for fall accessories?  I say it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment