close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, March 14, 2014

Francis, Anyone?

Whew.  Sorry to leave you all for so long...I am still recovering from the time change last weekend.  (Tell me I'm not the only one.)  I have been knitting, though, and dreaming about knitting.  Specifically, I've been dreaming of Shibui.  They sent us a trunk show to display during the yarn crawl, and I know several of you have fallen in love with their designs.  The real star?  Francis, for sure.  We're getting calls about it everyday.
I keep meaning to try this sample on while it's still at the shop...hopefully it will be around next week.  If you have a moment this weekend, I highly recommend stopping in to take a look.  It's worked side to side, and the back is so cool.  Check out the scooped hems and that dramatic split.  These details give the top such a nice swing and flow.  And the yarn?  Oh, my.
Francis is knit up with Shibui Heichi, a 100% recycled silk worsted weight yarn.  It reminds me the slightest bit of Rowan Summer Tweed, but sososo much nicer.  And the colors?  Well...
Francis is available as a Ravelry download, and we have a nice stock of Heichi in the shop right now.  It's knit on US8, so it won't even take very long.  You'll be wearing it by summer.  Hopefully I will have recovered from this Daylight Savings Hangover by then...

No comments:

Post a Comment