close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Time Flies

Oh my.  Do your weekends last longer than mine?  I feel like these short days make time fly.


We have all kinds of good stuff for you at the shop.  The newest Berroco shipment included one of my favorite yarns, Peruvia Quick.  So many beautiful colors.


I used this awhile back in my failed vest attempt...it is still waiting for me to find the perfect project and enough time to knit it.  About seven million knitters have made Aidez, a free pattern from Cirilia Rose and Berroco.  This design strikes a perfect balance by combining relatively intricate cables with a chunky yarn for an impressive result that won't take all winter to knit.  Take a look at these amazing examples.


Sally made the Man Hat with 99.99% of one skein of Peruvia Quick.  Free pattern, $11 skein of yarn, a few hours of knitting = perfect gift.


Norah Gaughan uses it in her newest Berroco book, Volume 9, for Kaide and Geordie.



Look at those amazing cables pop.  There are some other lovelies in Volume 9, as well.  I love Parlan in Ultra Alpaca Light.  Oh, that mustard yellow.


Aeneas in Peruvia looks like a cabled hug.


We also have the new booklet featuring Flicker, #311Maila, a sweet little lacey shell, only takes three skeins of Flicker.  So cute with a pair of jeans for a casual holiday thing.


The cowl neck on Nurmi is dramatic and flowy, and who doesn't love a cabled cardigan like Siri?  There is a great slip-stitch hat, too, and mittens, and a scarf, and more.



The Berroco website has some great freebies using Flicker, too.  I am planning to have a freebie for you, very soon, I promise.  As soon as figure out where those extra three or four hours of my day have gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment