close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, December 21, 2018

Time for New Hats

I've been giving away my handknit hats to my loved ones. My mom lost one I had made for her years ago, and she mentioned that she likes my Simple Pleasures Hat in the beloved Baby Llama Glow. Now it's hers.

My boyfriend forgot to bring a warm cap on our recent windy beach trip. Lucky for him I brought two (obviously), so now my sweet blue sailor cap in Karabella Margrite Bulky belongs to him.

I had so many hats and I always want to knit more, so this seems like a good solution. Let's look at a few designs that are on my list, shall we?

The Pheasant Plucker looks like fun, and it uses some cool techniques I've never tried. (I am very inspired to try Anna Maltz's marlisle technique, and this seems like a great place to start.)
Pic from Rav pattern page
The Diamondback Hat from AVFKW looks like fun, too. I love all-over colorwork and this one is in DK weight so it wouldn't take forever. Plus it's gorgeous.
Pic from Rav pattern page
Lineate would be so fun in some of the fabulous sock yarns we have at the shop. I think a solid and a crazy variegated would be really cool together.

Pic from Rav pattern page
I made myself a Happpy Thoughts a few years back, and it's been a favorite ever since. The cables and bamboo stitch are such a cozy combo.
I must make more of these Alpine Meadows as well. They work up so quickly and I appreciate the chance to use up bright little scraps for the flowers.
I love making hats! And now I need more of them, so it's time to get knitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment