close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Saturday, December 29, 2018

Cestari Mt. Vernon Fingering

Do you ever get a yarn stuck in your brain? You see it in the shop and it's not super flashy or crazy, but it's so beautiful that you cannot stop thinking about it? Especially when you accidentally line up three lovely and complementary colors right next to each other for a photo shoot?
Well, this happened with the Cestari Mt.Vernon Fingering in these particular colors. I'm not normally drawn to pink, but with this creamy natural and dreamy dove grey...well I can't stop thinking about what I could make with these. Other than a lovely little stack on a shelf in my bedroom, of course.

There are many other amazing shades of this yarn as well. Look at that red! Holy yarn it's hard to find a good red sometimes.

And check out these springy skeins. So cheerful! The yarn itself has a bit of a springy and bouncy feel to it, and it would be great for textured stitches or cables. Don't you just want to squeeze it?
Each skein is 360 yards of woolen-spun merino wool, grown and processed in the USA and kettled-dyed to these rich and vibrant colors. They leave a little bit of the lanolin in there to make it soft and a little bit water resistant.

Somehow I have talked myself into popping to the shop to take a few of these home with me. What will I make with these beauties? Any suggestions from the blog hive-mind?

No comments:

Post a Comment