close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Sunday, October 13, 2013

Rainforest Socks

I received a box full of these fun Opal sock yarns on Monday.
This collection is the latest from their rainforest line, Rainforest 9.  The finished socks are meant to look a bit like the creatures that inspired them.  Here you see a wacky bird, a butterfly, a tropical fish, a penguin (don't ask), and a lizard.  Obviously.  Even if you don't see the resemblance to the critters, the yarn is very nice.
It stands up to some serious abuse in the wash and on the foot.  I used a snake colorway to make socks for my husband several years ago, and they are just now starting to show wear.  I promise you, he is not gentle with them.  Actually, it's probably time to knit up another pair for the holidays.  Socks are pretty much the only handknit he will wear, and I know they are always appreciated.  Which animal, though?  I am leaning toward lizard.  What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment