close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Wednesday, October 9, 2013

It's So Fluffy!!!!!

I told you there would be fresh Berroco on the shelves soon.  And it is here.  Jenni has been feverishly reorganizing the shop to make space for all of it, and thank goodness for that.  Let's talk about the Kodiak first, shall we?
Kodiak is a light and lofty alpaca/wool/nylon blend.  And look at that pretty color range.  The yarn knits up at about 3 stitches per inch on a US10.5, so we are talking speed knitting here, people.  I am envisioning Santa/elf hats for all of the kids.  At this gauge, I might actually be able to complete them.  Look at the fluff!
Of course, there are many other lovely items that you could make with this fun yarn.  The pattern book is full of them, including this pretty, lighter-than-air shawl that we have in the shop.  This is Aude, knit up in the frothy, icy colorway that makes me think of after-dinner mints.
I think Perche looks like a winner, too, especially in that stunning, deep red.
I know that our very own Melissa will be all over this one.  The vintage look of Perine is right up her alley.
There are a few other designs in the book, including a turban.  I'm not ready for that, so we won't be talking about it.  You'll just have to come and see for yourselves.  

And ten points if you get the reference in the title.  That scene runs through my head on a constant loop.

No comments:

Post a Comment