close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Tuesday, September 10, 2013

New on the sock wall...

I love it when Sally plumps up the sock wall.  I don't really knit socks, but the yarn is always so beautiful.  When else can you splurge on some handpainted, local, or luxurious yarn and not break the bank?  At the sock wall, my friends.  Let's see what's arrived recently.
Oh, Mountain Colors.  They have been producing yarn for almost 20 years, and rich and saturated colors are really a trademark of the company.  I used Mountain Colors for my very first knitting project many, many years ago.  We just received a batch of Crazyfoot, a superwash merino with enough nylon to give it durability.  There are some brights, some semi-solids, and some lovely subtle variegated colorways to enjoy.
A little closer to home, the lovely lady who owns Bumblebirch Designs lives right here in Portland.  We tried out a smattering of her sock yarn, and it has been very popular.  We should be seeing more of the ochre and a few more colors in the next few weeks.
The Shubui Sock yarn is really quite lovely.  We have been carrying the solids and semi-solids for some time, but we just received a few fun colorways.  Say hi to Spectrum and 50's kitchen.
I have been working away on Mira's Cowl in the solid Blush colorway, and I promise that it's a really nice yarn.  Not the most exciting process, but it's going to be great, and I have really appreciated the mindless knitting.
Seattle company Spincycle Yarns sent us a box of Dyed in the Wool, a handpainted sport/fingering yarn with a true hand-spun look.  I'm working on a little cap pattern for you, so stay tuned.
The sock wall is bursting right now.  Come find your favorite!

No comments:

Post a Comment