close knit: the neighborhood yarn shop


Friday, November 19, 2010

New Berroco Booklets

The Berroco fall pattern books are here. We have Blackstone Tweed & Chunky (#298), Norah Gaughan Volume 7, Sundae & Peruvia Quick (#299), Lustra (#289), and Vintage & Vintage Chunky (#302).

These books are chock full of pretty patterns. Here are just a few of my favorites:
Astor in Peruvia Quick,


Baudelaire in Blackstone Tweed Chunky,

and Americano in Vintage Chunky.

I actually cast on for this little vest as soon as possible. We don't have the Vintage Chunky at the shop, but Peruvia Quick is working out just perfectly. It's a little bit thicker than the yarn used in the pattern, so I am getting the nice dense fabric I was hoping for using size 10 needles. I'll post some photos as soon as it's finished. I'm hoping it will class up my jeans and t-shirt uniform...

Since we aren't currently stocking several of the yarns from these books, I wanted to list a few nice alternatives so you're prepared when you fall in love with one of these great booklets.

Lustra: Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, Cascade Venezia Worsted, Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk Aran
Blackstone Tweed: Classic Elite Portland Tweed, Debbie Bliss Luxury Tweed, Kathmandu Aran
Blackstone Tweed Chunky: Debbie Bliss Luxury Tweed Chunky, Debbie Bliss Glen, Rowan Purelife Renew
Vintage Chunky: Cascade 128 Superwash, Rowan Cocoon

No comments:

Post a Comment